Thursday, March 19, 2009

The End of the Beginning

To those of you who actually read these posts: I’m sorry it’s been so long since I’ve last written. Anyone who’s ever been in school will know that sometimes it can really carry you away, and you just have to go along for the ride. What’s keeping me sane at the moment is knowing that with every assignment I complete is one less thing I need to work on.

This project, as far as the assignment part goes, is over. But really, this has just been the beginning. I will continue to promote this website, ask for people to write me letters, read all the letters, and write letters back. (On that note, I have been able to get back to some of you, but as I was saying, I’ve been on homework overload.) It has been amazing reading all of the letters you have sent me, and it always brightens my day when I check the post box and see new mail.

A few facts about the letters I’ve received thus far:
  • the running count is 19; from locations including New Zealand, India, Vancouver, New York, and Toronto.
  • 8 letters include drawings
  • 4 letters didn’t have their postage marked (so it was returned to the sender so they could write me some more)
  • most of the letters made me laugh
  • I enjoyed reading every single one of them, especially on a crowded subway car

Someone suggested that I scan the letters and post them, to show the differences in hand writing, etc. I am planning on doing that soon, and just including excerpts from the letters. I find it interesting that two of my friends, one male one female, have very similar handwriting. I know when I analyze my own writing I can see it’s a combination of my mum’s and dad’s, and similar to certain strangers’.

So keep logging on, there’s a lot more to come.
And as always, please keep those letters coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment